Friday 3 July 2015

Raveena Tandon recalls her ‘Aks’ film struggle!!


 



Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra is an Indian director and screenwriter who majorly works for the Bollywood films. Latest update is that on speaking at an event Raveena Tandon who is an actress and film maker speaks about her first negative role in the film.
She says When Rakeysh approached Raveen with supernatural thriller ‘Aks’ (The Reflection) she was very excited because it was the first time that she was offered a negative role in the film.
Raveena Tandon recalls her memories and says, “I’d already made the transition to intense dramatic roles like Daman which won me the National Award for Best Actress. And I shot simultaneously for Shool and Aks, both featuring Manoj (Bajpai), but while the former was a hardhitting crime drama with me as the simple, sari-clad wife, Aks was a performanceoriented film with a me in an ultra-glam role. I swept up all the popular awards that year and proved that you didn’t need to indulge in teary-eyed histrionics to be taken seriously as an actor,”
Raveena continues, “I could see that Amit uncle was surprised, maybe even peeved, at my behaviour but that was the only way I could look him straight in the eye as he loomed large in front of me and give him back a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye despite all the palpitations,” she laughs, adding that once they were done with those scenes she explained her erratic behaviour to Bachchan. “After that we went to the Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan sets where I was playing his sister and we had a rollicking time.”
She remembers the director who helped her to do her best. She says, “Whenever I was confused about a scene, I’d look up and Mehra would nod reassuringly, boosting my confidence,” she recalls.
Raveena revealed that she used to hear the hit song “Shubha Mudgal track, Raat aati hai” in her car, that too with high sound and says, “By the time it ended I had tears streaming down my face because it had so much soul and depth.Music really stirs me up,”
She reveals that these songs were framed by her at Filmistan studio, because choreographer Raju Sundaram had to gone to Chennai and says, “I was doing three shifts on three sets in the same studio. From 7 am to 2 pm I would shoot a song for the Manoj-Tabu starrer, Ghaath. The film had been offered to me but I couldn’t do it because of date clashes so since I had already been paid, the makers asked me to do a special appearance song,”
She says, “Cory Walia would request me to lie down on the sofa. I would instantly nod off and he would do my make-up while I slept. That was the only time I slept during those four days,”

No comments:

Post a Comment